To professionally acquire, disseminate and preserve information and knowledge in support of the learning, teaching and research functions of the University and impact on the neighboring Community.
A modern library responsive to the dynamic user information needs and emerging information
Responsiveness, Commitment, Diversity, Dependability, Respect, Excellence
Monday – Friday – 08.00 am – 10.00 pm
Saturdays – 08.00 am – 05 00 pm
Sundays & Public Holidays- Closed.
MEMBERSHIP AND REGISTRATION
The library is open to the entire university community; staff, students and members of the public.
- Users require to have a valid PUEA identity card. External users will be issued with a temporary membership card.
- Information literacy classes are conducted throughout the semester
BORROWING LIBRARY MATERIALS
Students – five books
Faculty – six books
Non-academic staff – two books
- Two weeks for general books renewable.
- Two hours for short loan books.
- Books not returned within the given time will attract a penalty of Ksh.10 for each extra day/hour respectively.
- Lost /mutilated books
- Users are responsible for the loss of any books
- borrowed using their ID. They will replace lost books at the current market rate plus a 15% of the book valueas administrative fee
- Mutilating and plucking pages is illegal and charges are as above. Disciplinary measures will be taken by the University disciplinary committee.
Reference materials are used in the library and are never taken out of the library.