QUALITY ASSURANCE GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS
Receive Christian Greetings.
Welcome to the Presbyterian University of East Africa (PUEA).
1. The Presbyterian University of East Africa (PUEA) has a Quality Assurance policy and standards to guide all its stakeholders in carrying out the mandated functions in pursuit of our university vision, mission, values, motto, aims, objectives, aspirations and outcomes.
2. In order to embrace and realize these fundamentals, the University endeavors to live up to our Christian ideals in an educational context. The University is therefore guided by the PCEA philosophy, namely ‘’Let all things be done decently and in order’’ (1 Corinthians 14:40 NKJV).
3. Quality is the state of high and desirable characteristics, attributes or properties of an individual, group, organization or institution aimed at achieving a set of goals and targets specific outputs.Quality Assurance is, therefore the systematic, structured and continuous attention to quality maintenance and sustenance aimed at continuous action and improvement in all university functions.
4. Having been admitted to the respective degree, diploma or certificate courses and having accepted and in order to internalize the University vision, mission, core values, philosophy, motto, knowledge, aims and objectives, you should now embrace the following quality assurance guidelines as part of your regular lifestyle towards successful and timely completion of your academic programme in this University.
Thus, you are expected and in deed required to:
4.1 Commence lecture attendance within the first week of each teaching session and thereafter attend all lectures punctually and regularly.
4.2 Hand in all assignments on time.
4.3 Participate actively in all learning sessions.
4.4 Attend all continuous assessment tests and terminal examinations.
4.5 Engage in self-directed learning, including regular and consistent use of Library resources at Presbyterian University of East Africa (PUEA)
4.6 Access all academic and support services offered by the University for your well-being.
4.7 Consult regularly with the academic advisor and other support staff.
4.8 Fill in course and lecturer evaluation forms and any other evaluative instruments diligently to provide accurate feedback.
4.9 Offer suggestions on course, programme, staff and infrastructure improvement.
4.10 Uphold the code of conduct/ethics laid down by the University
5. These basic guidelines are backed by other University regulations and guidelines issued by the Commission for University Education (CUE).
Wishing you every success in your academic related endeavors in The Presbyterian University of East Africa (PUEA). God bless you.
Dr. Jackson M. Njage-Rwito, Ed.D, M.Ed,B.Ed, FKIM, MPTAK
DIRECTOR – QUALITY ASSURANCE AND STANDARDS